The tutorials are based on:
- FSX or P3D scenery but can be easily adapted to X-Plane.
- An already loaded scenery database which normally happens right after the first startup.
- The stock navigation data of FSX or P3D. Differences might appear if you use navdata updates or airport scenery add-ons.
All functions will be referred by the names in the main menu by using
Menu Name ->
Menu Item. The icons are shown as well, so you can find the buttons on one of the toolbars. Screenshots will provide more help.
To have a clean common base, I recommend the following:
Reset Window Layoutto get all the dock windows back into their default place.
- Use the map theme
OpenStreetMapwith hill shading enabled.
- Reset the map display settings in
Reset Display Settingsto make sure that all needed features are shown on the map.
New Flight Planto start with a clean flight plan.
- Building a VFR Flight Plan This tutorial will show how to create a simple flight plan based on the map and its context menus.
- Building an IFR Flight Plan with Approach Procedures This long tutorial will show you how to create a more complex IFR flight plan including approach procedures. It introduces the advanced airport search functionality, the spatial search and the automatic flight plan calculation.